BOARD OF DIRECTORS
SCROLL DOWN TO READ MORE
Michael Coleman, FAICD FCA FCPA
Independent Chairman and Non-Executive Director
- A senior audit partner with KPMG for 30 years with significant experience in risk management, financial and regulatory reporting and corporate governance
- Currently a Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Audit Committee at Macquarie Group Limited, Board Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Legal Aid NSW
- Other current roles include Adjunct Professor, University of New South Wales, Chairman of Planet Ark Environmental Foundation, a member of the Board of Governors of the Centenary Institute and Board member of the Belvoir St Theatre Foundation.
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer
- Appointed as CEO in July 2015, an inspirational leader who has grown with
Bingo and more recently led the new strategic direction that has successfully
positioned Bingo as an industry leader in the NSW market
- Proven track record in operations management, acquisitions and integrations
and organic business growth
- Led Bingo’s recent growth and acquisition strategy resulting in Bingo’s
bespoke recycling centres and expansion across geography and service/
product offering into commercial, industrial and liquid waste and waste
- An innovative leader with an entrepreneurial flare who continues to play an
integral part in Bingo’s implementation and continuous improvement of IT
systems, differentiating itself in the industry.
Richard England, FCA MAICD
Independent Non-Executive Director and Chairman of the Audit and Risk
- Currently Chairman of QANTM Intellectual Property Limited and Non-Executive
Director of Macquarie Atlas Roads Limited, Nanosonics Limited and Japara
- 15 years of experience at Ernst & Young, mostly in the Corporate Recovery
and Insolvency division, was a partner from 1988 to 1994 and an executive
consultant from 1994 to 2003
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Maria Atkinson, AM GAICD
Independent Non-Executive Director and Chairperson of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- Internationally recognised sustainability strategist with numerous, previously held, corporate roles including Global Head of Sustainability and Executive for Lend Lease and in the not-for-profit sector as Founding Chief Executive Officer of the Green Building Council of Australia
- Maria currently holds a number of Non-Executive Director positions including Board positions at the LafargeHolcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction (Switzerland) and the Ethics Centre Board and Foundation (Australia), amongst others, and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Eastern District Commissioner for the Greater Sydney Commission leading strategic planning for the city.
Daniel Girgis, CFA
- Managing Director of Kaz Capital, an Australian investment advisory firm
- An actuary who was previously acting Chief Financial Officer of the Bingo Group
- Instrumental in the restructure of the business and its growth, providing valuable
strategic direction as Bingo has expanded organically and through acquisitions.
Independent Non-Executive Director
- Mr Buffier is a non-executive director of Bingo
- Barry has had an extensive career in the public and private sector, most recently holding the role as Chairman and CEO of the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) from 2012 to 2018
- Prior to this, between 2009 to 2012, Barry was Deputy Director General of the Industry & Investment NSW State & Regional Development and Tourism Division. He has also held Director-General roles at both the NSW Department of State & Regional Development and NSW Department of Primary Industries.