BINGO publishes 2022 Sustainability Report
BINGO is pleased to release its 2022 Sustainability Report, which highlights the many significant achievements we have made towards our vision of a Waste Free Australia.
BINGO Chief Executive Officer, Chris Jeffrey said that as a sustainability leader, BINGO is driving change for a more environmentally sustainable and socially equitable future.
“Our 2022 Sustainability Report demonstrates the progress we have made towards our sustainability goals in FY22 in our push towards a waste free Australia,” he said.
Mr Jeffrey said that BINGO is better positioned than most businesses to support the transition to a low-carbon economy through a reduction in CO2 emissions.
“Our entire business model is based on sustainability and the work we do in diverting large volumes of waste from landfill abates thousands of tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions.
“In FY22 alone we abated 256,643 tonnes of CO2 emissions, and over the past five years we have abated 1.15 million tonnes of CO2.
“We have a clearly defined decarbonisation pathway that will ensure our operations are carbon neutral by 2040, and we are well on the way to achieving a 50% reduction in our baseline emissions by 2030,” he said.
Some of the highlights from this year’s report include:
• Further improvements in our safety performance
• The installation of solar systems at six of our sites across the BINGO network, producing more than 260,000 kWh of electricity or approximately 25% of our electricity needs at those sites
• Producing almost 800,000 tonnes of recycled ECO product
• Continued development of the landfill gas capture system and flares at Eastern Creek as part of a journey to utilise the landfill gas to power the Eastern Creek Recycling Ecology Park
• Preventing the generation of more than 250,000 tonnes of carbon emissions through our recycling activities- equivalent to taking 53,867 cars off the road for a year
• Educating almost 1,200 schoolchildren through the BINGO education system
• Increasing the percentage of indigenous and female GOgetters.