BINGO publishes 2020 Sustainability Report
The theme of BINGO’s 2020 Sustainability Report is “Positioning for the future”
This theme speaks to the important role we are playing to assist Australia in transitioning to a circular economy through building recycling infrastructure, generating jobs and closing the loop with innovative, technology-driven solutions to increase the recovery of valuable materials.
Highlights from this year’s report include improvements in our safety performance, generating $18.1 million in recycled product sales, achieving a resource recovery rate of 83% across our NSW operations, educating over 2,400 students about recycling, reaching 26.3% female representation across our leadership team and delivering our Responsible Sourcing Program.
Focuses for FY21
- Continuing to improve our Zero Harm performance with a particular focus on environmental Zero Harm;
- Establishing science-based targets to assist in reducing our greenhouse gas emissions;
- Commencing delivery of our RE100 commitment to achieve 100% renewable electricity by 2025;
- Reducing the amount of BINGO-generated waste being sent to landfill;
- Delivering our INNOVATE Reconciliation Action Plan; and
- Continuing to build on our Responsible Sourcing Program and launching our Modern Slavery Statement.