BINGO wishes to inform residents and neighbours adjacent to our Eastern Creek Recycling Ecology Park, that maintenance works related to the leachate riser will take place on Tuesday 12 December and Wednesday 13 December from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
What work will be taking place?
The sequence of tasks that we will undertake in relation to the leachate riser are the following:
- Leachate riser lid will be removed at 8 AM on Tuesday 12 December and will remain off for up to 2 days. All open pipes will be covered overnight.
- Riser will be raised by 3 concrete sections increasing total height by approximately 8 metres.
- Leachate riser motor and pump will be removed for inspection and maintenance.
- Gas extraction pipes will be upgraded.
- Closing the leachate riser lid.
- Reconnecting all designed infrastructure like leachate and gas extraction pipes.
- Using cranes to assist with the above works.
What is BINGO doing to prevent odour during the works?
Our ongoing odour prevention and monitoring measures will remain in place and an odour misting system that we have used previously during similar works will be an added control for the duration of the works.
In the event of high southerly winds, the works will be postponed.
Why are the works needed?
The maintenance works is necessary to manage water on site and do routine inspection and maintenance for supporting infrastructure.
What should I do if I have an issue?
If community members have any concerns, please call BINGO’s environmental hotline on 1300 032 747 or contact us.
For further information:
Environmental hotline: 1300 032 747
General BINGO enquires: 1300 424 646.