Resource Recovery Solutions: Building Materials
June 14, 2017
Construction & Demolition (C&D) Waste refers to the waste produced as a result of building and demolition activities. At every step of the building process there is opportunity for businesses to minimise environmental impact. As such, businesses can also benefit from generating more profit by using recovered building materials and recycling building supplies.
Life Cycle of C&D Resource and Materials
Typically found in construction, demolition or restoration projects are materials such as:
- Paper & Cardboard
- Green waste
Recycling of Building Materials
Why should we recycle C&D waste?
As mentioned in Waste Reduction Tips for Construction Sites, recycling building materials has many environmental benefits:
- Green Incentives: Recycling scrap materials and using recycled goods is enticing for:
- private contractors
- government agencies
- the community
Given the growing awareness of “going green” this is incentivising for business and their reputation.
- Project Costs:
Majority of the types of waste extracted from a C&D project can be recycled or reused. Most of the materials used on a site have probably already been recycled. This enables suppliers to offer more cost-effective prices at the same high level of quality.
Turning waste into valuable resources is seeing businesses profit. This is through revenue, growth, and ability to adapt to sustainable market demands.
The National Waste Policy: less waste, more resources, recognises waste as a resource rather than a loss.
How Bingo Industries is focusing on the core areas and strategies of the Policy in C&D:
1. Taking Responsibility: Without a doubt, every global citizen has a shared responsibility to minimise their impact on the environment.
As a leading waste management company, we have shown our responsibilities through our methods of waste management.
2. Improving the Market: Each of our state-of-the-art recycling centres is strategically located across New South Wales. Our centres are fitted with revolutionary technology. We ensure all locals have access to our resources. We gladly service Sydney metropolitan; Wollongong & Illawarra Region; and Newcastle & Hunter Region. One of our latest recycling facilities in Helensburgh also has Sand & Soil Supplies available.
3. Pursuing Sustainability: For the waste that cannot be avoided, there are many ways to improve methods of handling. We implement eco-friendly practices internally and externally.
4. Reducing Risk: Waste produced through a C&D project can vary from recyclables to hazardous. We also specialise in the disposal of contaminated soils and special waste. An example of this is asbestos. We work to minimise any dangers associated with hazardous materials.
5. Tailoring Solutions: We offer efficient resource recovery solutions through custom plans.
We recognise each C&D project has different requirements. For this reason, we offer completely tailored solutions including:
– Various skip bin types
– Speciality bins
– Recycling Centres
– Account management
Find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org.